Monday, January 5, 2009

You're sending us WHERE...?



Well, I shouldn't say US...just Bryan! Belgium fell through. We can't believe it. That 's the military for you. They make you think that it's a done deal and make you wait months on edge and then because of EFMP, they don't have facilities for families there, just active duty. Hawaii was open, but they filled it because they really thought we were going to Belgium. So, the day before Bryan is to leave for his 6 week school in Tuscon, Arizona for Senior NCO they tell him that the only other option where he can use his skills that he spent a year and a half working on in school becoming a TSCM agent is KOREA. And by the way it is unaccompanied (No Family!) We are just really ready to be settled for once in a place for longer than one year. Especially with the baby coming in a month! Bryan will leave the end of April and Gabi, Jacob and I will go back to St. Louis where we will rent an apartment for the year until he returns. The plan after that is Wiesbaden, Germany to finish his career for 3 years. I won't be working, which is a plus in this whole mess. If I stayed in Maryland I'd have to work and leave my babies. St. Louis is a hell of a lot cheaper, I am close to family and friends, I can work my Premier and Jacob can be around his family for the first, most important, year of his life. So there are some pluses, I just can't stand to be away from Bryan for so long. The other plus is that he isn't deployed and is safe, and if I want to go with the kids (which I plan on) I can pick up and go for months at a time. The travel will be great (Thailand) and so will the shopping! But god, Korea?!

No comments:

cutest blog on the block

Widget_logo