
We went on our first vacation in a long time over Labor Day weekend. I think because I was so excited for it and I was dying to get to a beach that I was very disappointed with our trip. The kids had fun and that's all that matters so it was fine but my expectations, where I have been and what I have seen, were too high.
First of all the weather was horrible. It rained the entire time. The hotel was not the nicest but it had a sea view, which is always pretty. It was Korean style so the bed was sooooo hard and there was bedding to sleep on the floor. We slept on the floor the first night and put the kids in the bedroom since they go to bed early but the second night we put them out and Gabi on the floor while we watched movies in the bedroom on the computer. Not luxurious AT ALL. We were able to play on the beach the first day until the storm came and even stayed out there playing in the rain, which the kids loved. The waves were fun but the water was freezing and it really wasn't that hot out. The food...yikes! It was typical Korean beach food. All seafood, which I normally love, but this was extreme. Fish heads, octopus, eel and many dishes were not cooked. Not too kid friendly. So, we traveled to find food, which we did and also found a super fun railbike along the beach. We all sat on a covered, 4 person bike which was attached to a rail and took a tour along the beach through tunnels with animation. The kids loved it, even though it was pouring the whole time. We got a little wet but it was ok. We cut the trip short one day and came home to beautiful, cooler weather for the day. Now back to rain! Korea has some weird weather!
I'm anxious for our next trips and hopefully one can be a bit more relaxing and luxurious than this one. China and Thailand are coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment