Monday, July 28, 2008

A Labra-Whoodle?







Meet the newest member of our family!!! COCO! She is a chocolate labradoodle. She is 3 1/2 months old and is sooo sweet. We got her this weekend from a breeder in Maryland. Bryan picked her because of her unique coat and I love her because of her demeanor. She's a total sweet heart. She's still a bit timid and we're getting her used to her leash and cage. We only cage her when we're gone and at night. Guess where she slept last night...you guessed it, Gabi's room. 

We tried putting her cage downstairs and she had a fit for about a half an hour. It was just too loud for apartment living. We were waiting for the cops to bang on our door. So, we moved her upstairs (in her cage) right next to Gabi's bed. They both slept like babies!!!
I went out for a little bit today and put the gate up in the kitchen for her. Not a good idea. Guess where we found her when we got home...? You guessed it, laying right next to Gabi's bed! Best buddies.
I find myself anxious to wake up to see her and if I'm out to get home to her. I really missed having a dog in the family! I hope I feel the same about the baby...just kidding.
The first day we got her, we gave her a bath in the tub and she was so docile and sweet. So, the next night was Gabi's bath night. I put Gabi in and the next thing I heard was Gabi yelling...


She wasn't so thrilled about sharing her bath with her new friend and was a bit startled that she actually jumped in. She did it so gracefully and quick. I was laughing my ass off. She was so content in there and DID NOT want to get out.

3 comments:

TnK said...

Sounds like you've got quite a character of a dog! I love the bath scene - that is priceless!!
~Karen

Irene said...

Congrats on the pup....she is super cute. She and Gabi will be best buds. Our girls LOVE their animals. I think Em's first word was doggie!
How are you feeling????

Jacquie said...

I love your blog! You guys look so happy, healthy and beautiful! Miss you guys. Do you mind if I add you to our blogging buddies?

cutest blog on the block

Widget_logo