Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Korea, Here we come!


Well,it's official. We are leaving St. Louis on Tuesday, February 23rd and meeting Bryan in Fort Meade, MD where he has a class. We will fly to Seoul, Korea the following morning as a FAMILY!!! We knew we were moving but just didn't know when. This has honestly been the hardest thing I've ever had to do, being away from Bryan for so long, raising a preschooler and a newborn. I can't believe it's almost a year later. Jacob is turning 1 and Gabi is turning 5. Kindergarten is right around the corner! Where does time go?! Don't get me wrong, it didn't really go that fast. People tell me all the time, "You are so strong. I could never do what you're doing." I just say, we do what we have to do, but I sure don't feel very strong. I am just glad it is coming to an end. Korea certainly wasn't my first choice but I'll take anywhere just as long as we can all be together as a family. This has been a very hard year for Gabi, especially. She is so sensitive and emotional and all about her Daddy. She is so excited for our move and that makes me very excited, too.
We will be living in Bryan's 4 bedroom flat. It's 2000 sq. ft and huge. The kids can have a play room! We have been living in what feels like a box for the last 9 months that our new place will feel so nice and big!
I will be able to stay home with the kids still but I'll probably try to tutor English. I am looking forward to finding my playgroup, my MOPS group and my group of friends just like the ones I had in Germany. Now that was fate! Hopefully that can happen twice in one lifetime.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Congrats! Stop by Tokyo. Hop on over for a visit:) Not a long flight at all.

cutest blog on the block

Widget_logo